Car, truck, or semi-truck accidents always seem to come out of the blue and are unexpected events. One minute you are safely driving along or patiently waiting at a traffic light, and the next minute you are pulled over on the roadside, stunned and may be seriously injured by a sudden collision. As chiropractors at P.I. HELP Injury Clinics- The Auto Accident Chiropractors, we focus 100% of our patient care on San Antonio, TX and Salt Lake City, UT accident injuries, and recommend that people take the following five actions right after a car, truck or semi-truck accident.
- Check for Injuries. Your priority right after a car, truck or semi-truck accident is to check to see if you or any other passengers in your vehicle have been injured and tend to the most severe accident injuries that require immediate treatment. Call 911, tell the dispatcher your location and report if anyone is injured or asking for medical help. Shock, distress and adrenaline can mask symptoms after an accident. Some injury symptoms may not fully develop until hours or even days after the collision.
- Stay Safe. Staying safe after a car, truck, or semi-truck accident needs to remain a priority. Put your hazard lights on to increase your visibility and to alert other motorists. If it is safe, it is recommended that you remain in your vehicle or a safe place on the side of the road as you wait for help to arrive. Walking around your vehicle or walking across multiple lanes of traffic can increase your chances of being hit by another vehicle.
- Documentation and Exchanging Information. If it is safe, begin collecting any critical evidence and documenting the damage of your vehicle and the other vehicles involved by taking pictures or videos with your cellphone as accident scenes can change quickly. Document how and when the accident happened so that you can easily relay the information to authorities and to your car insurance company. Exchange key information like name, address, phone number, vehicle type and insurance information with other drivers involved in the accident.
- Notify Your Car Insurance Company. Your car insurance company should defend you when you are in a car, truck or semi-truck accident, but you must do your part by reporting an accident when it happens. You are obligated to notify your car insurance company of every accident, even if the accident wasn’t your fault or no one seems to be injured. You can always call to report an accident or use your car insurance company’s mobile device application to start a car accident claim.
- Get an Evaluation by a Chiropractor. Once you are cleared of any life-threatening injuries it is important to get an evaluation by an auto accident chiropractor like the chiropractors at P.I. HELP Injury Clinics- The Auto Accident Chiropractors in San Antonio, TX and Salt Lake City (Murray), UT even if you think you have not been injured. Some injuries can take days or even weeks to manifest so the sooner you begin treatment the sooner you can begin to recover.
If you have recently been in a minor or severe car, truck, or semi-truck accident and are considering seeing a chiropractor for a chiropractic assessment, adjustment, or for physical rehabilitation therapy please contact P.I. HELP Injury Clinics- The Auto Accident Chiropractors in San Antonio, TX and Salt Lake City (Murray), UT today. We have the experience that allows us to treat neck pain, whiplash, headaches, muscle stiffness, back pain, numbness and tingling, shoulder pain and knee pain after a car, truck, or semi-truck accident. We can also refer you to a TOP trusted and experienced personal injury lawyer in the San Antonio, TX area or Salt Lake City, UT area including Murray, West Valley City, South Jordan, West Jordan, Draper, Midvale, Taylorsville, and Kearns, UT.
P.I. HELP Injury Clinics- The Auto Accident Chiropractors San Antonio, TX Clinic
4423 NW Loop 410 Suite 203, San Antonio, TX 78229
Call us or send us a text at (210) 249-4949
P.I. HELP Injury Clinics- The Auto Accident Chiropractors Salt Lake City (Murray), UT Clinic
154 E. Myrtle Ave. Suite 100, Murray, UT 84107
Call us or send us a text at (801) 210-5050